WorldNewsBeast

0
Hunagundi is unable to live without indulging in his peculiar habit.

Pakkirappa Hunagundi suffers from a rare condition that sees him crave bricks, gravel and mud.

Known as Pica, the unusual ailment sees the sufferer crave inedible substances or objects with no nutritional value in place of conventional food.

"I only like mud and bricks, nothing else," says Hunagundi who has lived on the peculiar diet for most of his life. "I will eat it because it is my habit. I need it every day. I can't stop."

The 30-year-old eats an average of one brick a day and several kilograms of mud and gravel. His friends and family have attempted to get him to stop but he is either unable or unwilling to do so.

"Even if you give me fried chicken, I want mud at any cost," he says.

‘My mother asks me not to eat it, but I won’t stop. Even if you give me fried chicken, I want mud at any cost.’

The 30-year-old has been eating bricks since the age of ten. He now eats up to one brick a day and three kilos of mud and gravel to fulfill his craving.

It is believed he suffers from a condition known as Pica, the persistent eating of non-food items with no nutritional value.

‘We find it extremely strange,’ said one local.

Mr Hunagundi has ignored pleas from friends and family to change his diet and now plans to travel across India to show off his brick-eating abilities.

He says he hasn’t suffered any ill-effects from his unusual diet.
Source: Metro

Post a Comment Blogger

 
Top